-Full or Part Time / Freelance-
We are looking for a candidate to join our team as a US tax preparer, and are flexible regarding work hours/days, depending on your scheduling and employment goals.
In addition to working with clients herein Hong Kong, you will be coordinating with our Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vancouver offices to prepare tax returns for American expat individuals and small businesses.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals and small businesses.
- Use all appropriate adjustments, deductions, and credits to keep clients' taxes to a minimum, especially as applied to American non-resident tax filers.
- Communicate directly with clients to obtain additional information on taxable income and deductible expenses and allowances.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures in order to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns.
- Furnish taxpayers with sufficient information and advice in order to ensure correct tax form completion.
- Consult with our existing team of tax professionals, as well as online resources, tax law handbooks or bulletins in order to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
- Check data input or verify totals on forms prepared by self and others to detect errors in calculations, data entry, or procedures.
About Us: Since early 2002, Capital Tax Group has been providing the highest quality, professional tax services to Americans living and working abroad. With offices in Tokyo, Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Vancouver, we are a team of knowledgeable, trained, and experienced professionals who are experts in assisting U.S. expatriates living abroad with all their individual and corporate taxation needs.
Job Requirements / Responsibilities:
- Current American CPA or Enrolled Agent (IRS), or at a minimum in the process of obtaining one of these qualifications
- Preferred but not absolutely mandatory: Min 2 years experience preparing US tax returns.